NECESSARY TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS FOR DEPARTURE
For Domestic Flights
For International Flights
- Valid Airline Ticket
- Valid Airline Ticket
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa (if applicable)
- Photo ID
- Health Certificate (if applicable)
- NOC or Ex-Pakistan Leave (Mandatory for Govt: Employees)
Passenger traveling through International / Domestic Flights will use respective
gates designed for entry into briefing lounges following the procedure mentioned
- Follow the queue while entering through respective gate.
- Refrain from using your mobile phone while waiting.
- Show valid Airline ticket at the entrance gate.
After entrance, please proceed to the Airport Health Desk; show your polio health
certificate for further clearance. If you are not having the Polio Certificate then
follow the instruction of the Representative of Airport Health Department. You can
also obtain Polio Health Certificate before going to the Airport from the designated
centers of Ministry of Health.
- Federal Govt: Poly Clinic Islamabad
- DHQ Hospital, Rawalpindi
- Benazir Bhutto Hospital, Rawalpindi
- Holy Family Hospital, Rawalpindi
- Office of the DHO, Rawalpindi
- Office of the EDO, Health Rawalpindi
Note: Polio Vaccination is Free at all the
International Airports of Pakistan.
- Make a queuing line at ASF security screening desk.
- Pass your baggage from the scanning machine, present yourself for body search and
your baggage for inspection, if required and proceed to the respective airline counters
- Please refuse to carry any items at the request of strangers, as these could contain
following contraband items.
- Heroin, Drugs, Narcotics other intoxicating agents
- Currency more than Rs. 3000/- or US $ 10,000/- or equivalent foreign currency.
- Intellectual Property Right infringements and infringed CDs
- Firearms, ammunition and Explosives
- Endangered Wild Life Species, Fauna and Flora as protected under the Wild Life Act
- Counterfeit currency and counterfeit products
- Please hand-carry expensive items such as cameras and jewelry, or fragile items
such as pottery or glass.
- Please write your name, address and destination on your luggage in English in case
your baggage gets lost.
- If you have any item / currency which need to be declared at Customs, please go
to the Customs declaration counter.
If someone is found guilty of violating these rules, confiscation of the above mentioned
items along with detention of the guilty may enacted.
In case of any assistance please visit Helpdesk of respective departments in the
briefing area. For further details please visit the respective website.
For Custom Visit FBR Website: www.fbr.gov.pk
For Anti Narcotics detail please visit Website: www.anfnorthregion.gov.pk
All International departing passengers are required to check the validity of passport
and ticket information prior to the departure. Also passengers are required to check
the information on security, immigration and customs from the airport website prior
to the departure.
To ensure a smooth departure from BBIAP Airport, passengers are advised to check
information on guidelines for liquids, aerosols and gels in carry-on baggage on
airport website when packing baggage.
Departing passengers are advised to arrive at the airport 01 to 02 hours
(for Domestic Flights) and 04 hours (for International Flights)
prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight.
Passengers can find the location of check-in counters for their respective airline
on the display monitors located in briefing area on top of the briefing counters.
For more information, please contact to the respective airline.
- At International Departure Immigration desks are divided into different sections.
- All Passports
- Overseas Pakistani Passenger/ Card Holder
- Foreigners / Taxpayers
- Old Citizens / Special Person / Women / Children
- Diplomats / Foreigners / Taxpayers
- Passengers departing from Islamic Republic of Pakistan are required to submit the
embarkation form. Pakistani Passport holder / International Overseas Pakistani Passengers
will not submit embarkation form at international airports at Pakistan. Special
Desk for Overseas Pakistan Passengers is also available to facilitate and provide
assistance on 24 x 7 basis. (For more information please visit www.opf.org.pk)
- Passengers are advised to queue-up at the immigration desk and have their traveling
documents ready (passport, embarkation form and other necessary documents). The
Immigration officer will verify your Photo ID and may ask several questions in accordance
with the immigration procedures. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Stand in your corresponding lane
- Stay behind the queuing line at the immigration desk.
- Submit your Passport having valid Visa, Polio Certificate and embarkation card (only
for foreigners) and other necessary documents (NOC, Photo ID). Once your passport
is returned, you may pass through immigration and you will wait for boarding.
- Please check your passport before leaving immigration counter that it is properly
Cautions for Immigration:
- Harassment to the Immigration officer is a crime U/s 506 of Pakistan Penal Code.
- Interference, interruption in the work of Immigration Officer is also a crime U/s
186 of Pakistan Penal Code.
- Intentional / not to deliberate immigration is a crime U/s 3/4 of Passport Act and
Immigration Ordinance 1979.
- After immigration and custom clearance, you will proceed to International Departure
Lounge. The Passenger will be not be allowed to go out of the Lounges (to Public
Areas) once the formalities are completed.
- Check boarding pass or the flight information monitor and go to the appropriate
boarding area or boarding gate.
Procedure for crew handling
- Follow the announcement for boarding by the airlines and proceed to the respective
boarding gate for onward travel to the aircraft by bus / shuttle.
As regards flight crew member on scheduled services who retains his license in his
possession when embarking and disembarking, remains at the airport where the aircraft
has stopped or within the confines of the cities adjacent thereto, and depart on
the same aircraft or on his next regularly scheduled flight out of Pakistan, his
crew member license or crew certificate is accepted in lieu of passport or visa
for temporary admission into Pakistan with those countries only with whom bilateral
agreement exists in this respect. This provision is also applicable if such crewmember
enters Pakistan by other means of transport for the purpose of joining an aircraft.